Oct 21, 2010

Preparing for Christmas

I love Christmas! It's always very tiring for me, but I still love it. It became more wonderful with the girls around me. They still believe in all the miracle about the whole thing, and it's so funny. And of course I prepare for Christmas in my miniature world, too! First of all here are some gingerbread cookies. The gingerbread is an important part of the Hungarian folk art. We make them not only at Christmas time, but for present mostly for our sweethearts. The so-called "written" gingerbread is very famous. I have no skill of decorating as the masters have, but I used all of my ability to make these tiny cookies. I mixed some white fimo with water to make it creamy, and pulled very thin fiber out of this mixture with a pinpoint, and tried to embroider the shapes. Now I have to make a pretty box for the cookies (or a plate?) and it's ready for my Etsy shop.



Yesterday the postman brought me a beautiful present from Flora. She never missed my posts and leaves very kind comments. I'm not a good commenter at all. I always be ashamed not to leave comments on so many blogs, but I have time to make it only on a few ones a day. So I admire Flora to be so attentive!
And her present is wonderful! I will put these minis into Edit's room. (New souvenirs from Italy.) Thank you, Flora! 




I contuinously develop my basket making technique. My latest invention is twisted raffia with glue. This bread basket was made by this technique. And for the first time I used my printable fabric I bought several months ago.


Only one day is to the drawing of my giveaway!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow...very well made gingerbread, so tiny and it looks so real, that I want to eat some :-)

Marys Miniatures said...

I, too, love the gingerbread cookies and the icing looks geat. Fun to see the pictures of the gifts Flora sent you. Have a great day and keep up the great work.

Ascension said...

Me encantan las galletas de pan de jenjibre, se ven tan reales!!!
besitos ascension

Unknown said...

Flora esta muy pendiente siempre para tratar bien a sus amigos. Disfruta estos regalos maravillosos.
Tus galletas de jengibre están muy reales. La cesta con el pan perfecta. La tela impresa un éxito.
Besos Clara

Faith said...

I love everything especially the bread...

Patty said...

Bozse, The gingerbread cookies came out really wonderful! I also love the basket of bread! It looks very realistic! What a nice gift from Flora!! Everything looks great!

Flora said...

Bozse dear, I like to give books to friends, flowers and cakes from me ...
But I see that with the food you get on just fine without my help, so I opted for books and flowers :-)
I am happy to read your blog and admire your skill and sympathy, that shines through your words: brief but good!
I am honored to know that my modest things, will in the magnificent room of Edit.
I love your cookies, your baskets and your bread, I always do breakfast with toast and butter, I can recognize the well-baked bread :-)

Daydreamer said...

Bozse, your gingerbread is fantastic! ALL your food and the baskets too... just divine! I, too, love Christmas. Every year I make gingerbread houses and cookies. When my boys were younger we would spend a whole day decorating the houses with candy... and eating too much along the way! I will have to try to do some in miniature... it is so special! I love the things you make!

Rosamargarita said...

Un trabajo precioso, dan ganas de comérselas!